Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Setting it all in motion

Free motion quilting is not near as daunting as it sounds. If you have never done it gently lay your quilt aside and get thee to Youtube where you will find endless videos on how-to. Practice on some potholders or just random sandwiched material. Find the method that works best for you (I still can't meander quilt for the life of me so I either loop my free motion or do hand drawn designs). Alternately, if this method frightens you or you do not want to use *all* that thread (it takes a LOT!) and take *all* that time, I'd suggest a rather small spaced cross-hatch to finish the quilt.
I prefer to cut my sandwich edges after my quilting is finished unless there is a ton of overhang in which case I cut it at least 2" away from the sandwich before starting to quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment