Since I don't need to sew a whole nother skull quilt right now my poor computer graphics are going to have to suffice. The circles represent the skulls and the lines the direction of the lined squares. I'd suggest laying everything out on a clean floor and taking some digital pictures to help you in both assessing and remembering where you want everything to go. The more contrast between squares the better! I like to use a washable Crayola marker and number the squares left to right top to bottom to help me remember where it all goes (it washes off for me no problem but test your fabric before doing it on finished squares!).
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Laying out your skull quilt
Since I don't need to sew a whole nother skull quilt right now my poor computer graphics are going to have to suffice. The circles represent the skulls and the lines the direction of the lined squares. I'd suggest laying everything out on a clean floor and taking some digital pictures to help you in both assessing and remembering where you want everything to go. The more contrast between squares the better! I like to use a washable Crayola marker and number the squares left to right top to bottom to help me remember where it all goes (it washes off for me no problem but test your fabric before doing it on finished squares!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment